The following are banned in Arborea:
- Incandescent lightbulbs, due to their drain on resources;
- American cars, because they look awful and are very inefficient;
- Hormonal plant sprays, because they are unnecessary and potentially dangerous;
- Jetskis, because they are a nuisance, they are dangerous to wildlife, and provide no real benefit to humanity;
- Using the word “like” more than twice in one sentence;
- The possession and use of tobacco;
- The “Survivor” TV series – seriously, 23 seasons? The second was boring enough!
- Hydraulic Fracturing (fracking) to release hydrochemicals from rock layers
- Addressing a woman as "Sir," because it is irrational and ridiculous.